Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sarah Hunter Wins Salzburg Open


Canadian top quad player Sarah Hunter (Surrey, BC) ended her tournament trip to Europe on a high note by winning the Salzburg Open in Austria. After advancing to the finals of the ITF 1 sanctioned event against Italian Giuseppe Polidori on Saturday, Hunter (currently ranked nr.7 in the world) put on a strong performance today to beat another Italian, World Nr. 27, Marco Innocenti by 6/4 6/4.


"I got off to a shaky start going down 0-2 but was able to settle down and started to move my opponent," said Hunter. "Marco played a good match as he usually does against me, especially on clay, however today I was able to find the corners both only serves and returns. It's great to get another tournament win after all the hard work and tournament play I put in over the last months. "


Next on her tournament schedule is the US Open Super Series event in Saint Louis end of August, where she will try to give the top 5 players a strong opposition.


" Mentally I am much better, but need to keep working at it. I still get tight at times. However my focus is much improved. I really noticed it during my last matches and something I need to build on for the 2nd half of the season."

No comments:

Post a Comment